We like sandwiches since you're only limited by your imagination when dreaming up what you want to put on it!
|Pot Roast Panini with Roasted Garlic Mayo & Tater tots|
Here's how we prepared ours...place a 2+ lb pot roast and 3 T. water in crock pot (salt and pepper, as desired) and cook on high for 5 hours. We still temperature probe ours to insure it reaches the 170 degree-well done mark too. You can cook the onions with the roast, if you choose, but we sauteed ours in a skillet.
To roast the garlic - Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the top off a garlic head and take the loose skins off. Place garlic on aluminum foil and drizzle about 2T. over the garlic. Seal the foil and place in oven for about 30-40 minutes.
Once the garlic has finished roasting, allow it to cool so you can handle it with your hands. In the meantime, place about a 1/2 cup of mayonnaise in a bowl, set aside. Take your roasted garlic and squeeze the garlic out of the clove skins onto a saucer. Remove any skins that are expelled and mash the garlic to make it into a paste, then add to the mayonnaise and mix well.
|Delicious Pot Roast Sandwich with garlic-roasted mayo|
- Spread the garlic mayo on each slice of sour dough bread.
- Place a slice of provolone cheese (American is good too) on each sandwich and then add the pot roast slices.
- Butter the sour dough on each side of the sandwich and place in a hot skillet.
- At this point, we like to press the sandwich by placing a foil-wrapped cast iron skillet on top...this will flatten the sandwich allowing the cheese to melt.
- Once it's lightly toasted, flip and repeat on the other side.
other recipes you might like...