We like sandwiches since you're only limited by your imagination when dreaming up what you want to put on it!
|Pot Roast Panini with Roasted Garlic Mayo & Tater tots|
Here's how we prepared ours...place a 2+ lb pot roast and 3 T. water in crock pot (salt and pepper, as desired) and cook on high for 5 hours. We still temperature probe ours to insure it reaches the 170 degree-well done mark too. You can cook the onions with the roast, if you choose, but we sauteed ours in a skillet.
To roast the garlic - Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the top off a garlic head and take the loose skins off. Place garlic on aluminum foil and drizzle about 2T. oil over the garlic. Seal the foil and place in oven for about 30-40 minutes.
Once the garlic has finished roasting, allow it to cool so you can handle it with your hands. In the meantime, place about a 1/2 cup of mayonnaise in a bowl, set aside. Take your roasted garlic and squeeze the garlic out of the clove skins onto a saucer. Remove any skins that are expelled and mash the garlic to make it into a paste, then add to the mayonnaise and mix well.
|Delicious Pot Roast Sandwich with garlic-roasted mayo|
- Spread the garlic mayo on each slice of sour dough bread.
- Place a slice of provolone cheese (American is good too) on each sandwich and then add the pot roast slices.
- Butter the sour dough on each side of the sandwich and place in a hot skillet.
- At this point, we like to press the sandwich by placing a foil-wrapped cast iron skillet on top...this will flatten the sandwich allowing the cheese to melt.
- Once it's lightly toasted, flip and repeat on the other side.
other recipes you might like...