I love cooking quick, delicious meals in one skillet or pot! It makes cooking dinner seem so much easier and clean-up is a snap! We love pasta at our house; this is a nice simple dish that has a little spicy kick to it, AND you can cook it start-to-finish in one large skillet!One Skillet- Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta
1 medium onion, diced
1 pkg or 1lb. smoked sausage, sliced into rounds
1 T. minced garlic1 -16oz. pkg of favorite pasta (we used Fusilli)
2 1/2 c. of chicken broth
1 -10 oz. can original Ro-Tel, we use mild version1 c. milk
1/3 c. melted butter or margarine
1 c. shredded cheese - you can use Monterey Jack or a Jack/Cheddar blend
1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
|Skillet Dinner: Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta|
1. Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in large skillet or pot until hot.
2. Add diced onions and sausage rounds to hot oil and cook until lightly browned.
3. Now add minced garlic, Ro-Tel, and pasta.
4. Mix until incorporated with the sausage and onions.
5. Mix the milk, melted butter and chicken broth together then pour over the pasta-sausage mix.
6. Cover and allow it to simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
7. Once pasta is cooked, stir in cheese and scallions. Serves 6-8.
Adapted from Kevin & Amanda
Chicken Dumpling Casserole