1 c. Splenda Blend or sugar
1 c. Self-Rising Flour
1 c. milk or cream
1 lg can sliced peaches
1 stick of butter
Cinnamon Sugar (opt)
For Fresh Peaches- peel, slice and sweeten about 4 cups of peaches and allow to sit until the peaches start breaking down (minimum of 15 minutes) and releasing the juice. I use about 1 cup of Splenda Blend or sugar to sweeten.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in 9x 13 casserole dish.
- Pour in can of peaches, including syrup, spread evenly over dish. I used 2 cans in this recipe (drain juice from 2nd can).
- Mix flour, Splenda blend, and cream until well blended.
- Pour batter over the peaches as evenly as possible. If necessary, run a knife through it to help spread it around.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. One option at this point is to sprinkle the hot top with Cinnamon-Sugar mix. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. (Hubby skips this part...go figure!).