Today, as I sit on The Porch, it is overcast - cool and breezy - with leaves falling like rain in the yard, and the sound of college football coming from the living room...a perfect day for a big bowl of a classic comfort food - beefy chili!
|Delicious Beefy Bean Chili and Loaded Cornbread Muffins|
1½ lb ground beef
1 lb beef sirloin, cubed
2 med. onions, chopped
3 T. minced garlic
2 T. olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes, green peppers and onion
2-6 oz. cans of tomato paste
4 T. chili sauce
1 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 T. chili powder
1 T. beef granules or bouillon
½ t. ground cumin seed
1 t. salt
1 t. oregano
1 t. onion powder
16 oz. of beef broth
1 cup of coffee
4 cans of kidney or pinto beans, drained (beans are optional)
- Brown ground beef and stew beef in olive oil. Add onions and garlic and continue to cook on low.
- Add can of diced tomatoes w/green pepper/onions, coffee, beef broth, tomato paste, and spices/seasonings.
- Simmer 1-2 hours over low-medium heat.
- Add drained, canned kidney beans and simmer for additional 20-30 minutes.
|Step-by-Step instructions for making Homemade Beefy Bean Chili|
- Serve with your favorite sides and toppings. We like to serve with cornbread, sour cream, lots of cheese, and more onions...and, of course, crushed red peppers and sliced jalapenos for those that like to fire things up!
(I feel comforted just talking about it!)
Other easy-to-make recipes you might enjoy!