Old Time Chocolate Cobbler
1 stick of butter
To create batter -
1 1/4 cup Self-rising Flour
1 cup sugar (I used Truvia Baking Blend)
3/4. cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa
1 t. vanilla, optional
1 cup pecan pieces, optional
3/4 cup sugar (I used Truvia Baking Blend)
1/4 cup brown sugar (I used Splenda Brown Sugar)
6 T. cocoa
2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in 9x13 casserole dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, vanilla, milk, and pecans to create batter.
- Pour batter evenly over butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Mix chocolate layer (both sugars and cocoa) in medium bowl. Pour over batter. Say it with me... DO NOT STIR.
- Slowly, pour 2 cups of boiling water over entire pan. Guess what you do not do now...DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until crust forms. The edges hint at the chocolaty goodness that's hidden below.
-adapted from Hillbilly Recipes
Here's a helpful Pin worthy photo for you too!
Other Down Home recipes you might like -