Basic ingredients needed: sliced bread, cream cheese, and your favorite filling(s): apple butter, apple sauce, peanut butter, fruit jellies, diced strawberries, blueberries, or Nutella. Sound good? I thought so!
loaf of white bread
1 - 8 oz. bar of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 c. cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Remove the crusts from 6-8 slices of bread. Flatten each slice with a rolling pin.
- Spread softened cream cheese over one end of each slice of bread. Add any other toppings you choose. We added apple sauce when I took these photos. *- Be sure to not go overboard on the apple sauce, or the roll up will turn out a bit mushy. I did that to a couple of them...still tasted great, however!
- Roll up each slice of bread.
- Crack the egg(s) into a shallow bowl. Whip it with a fork until slightly frothy.
- Dip each roll-up in the egg wash.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Once the butter is hot, add a couple roll-ups to the hot skillet and fry them to a nice golden brown.
- Remove the crispy roll up from the skillet and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mix.
Other recipes you might like...