|One Dish Breakfast...Eggs, Biscuits & Sausage Gravy!|
2 cans of biscuits
2 1/2 cups cooked sausage, crumbled or a bag of pre-cooked turkey sausage
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled or 1 bag of real bacon pieces
1/2 cup milk
2 cups of heavy cream (*see substitute recipe below)
2 packages of Sausage-flavored Country Gravy Mix, or a pre-made sausage gravy like Tennessee Pride.
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
|They even loved the leftovers the next day!|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish. (Melting 1/2 stick of butter in the pan instead of using the spray would also serve.)
- Cut biscuits in half and layer in the bottom of the casserole dish. [If you use Pillsbury Grands, or any other large biscuit brand, cut into thirds. Be sure to use a larger dish to minimize the chance of overflow as the biscuits rise.]
- Add the layer of cooked, crumbled sausage.
- Whisk eggs, cheese, milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper together, then pour over the sausage layer.
- Make the gravy according to package directions and pour evenly over the egg layer.
- Bake until the casserole is set [the middle is no longer jiggly]. This can be anywhere from 45-65 minutes. In my wonky oven, it was ready before the hour was up.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with the real bacon pieces.
Other breakfast recipes you might like...
Follow The Shady Porch