|Homemade Chicken Taquitos|
Cheesy Chicken Taquitos
pkg of medium-sized flour tortillas
3 cups shredded chicken breast (2 chicken breasts)
1 can of corn, drained
1 pkg of taco seasoning
1-10oz. can of diced tomatoes and green chiles (mild or hot)
2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 c. salsa or picante sauce
1-2 c. of oil for frying (I used vegetable oil)
Options for serving - sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- In a bowl, mix shredded chicken, onions, corn, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot.
- While the oil is heating, fill tortilla with about 3-4 tablespoons of chicken mix; roll tightly and use a toothpick to secure.
- Fry taquitos in batches to a nice golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain. Replenish with fresh oil after each batch.
- Place taquitos on a serving platter with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.
|Snack, Appetizer or a meal...served with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole|
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: