Most importantly (because everything depends on this) they taste better! More potato flavor; less salt and NO additives. You can prepare them as thick or as thin as you want and cook them to your preferred crispiness.
|An ideal side for your sandwiches, burgers and dogs!|
Peanut Oil - approximately 2 cups
1-2 Russet Potatoes, washed
- In a deep skillet heat peanut oil until it smokes (about 320 F).
- Use a food processor or any hand-held vegetable slicer to slice the potatoes.
- Rinse the potato slices thoroughly to remove the starch.
- Pat dry to remove the moisture before adding them to the hot oil.
- Add the potato slices to the hot oil in small batches and fry 2-3 minutes or to desired crispiness.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Salt as desired and serve.
|frying the potato chips|
|Homemade Potato Chips a healthier snack.|
Other recipes you might like...Chicken Gyros...a flavorful sandwich!
Mmmmm...Great! Macaroni & Cheese!
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: