|Slow Cooker French Toast with white corn syrup and crisp bacon.|
Slow Cooker French Toast
1/2 c. chopped pecans
2 cups milk
9-12 slices of hearty white bread
favorite syrup(s) - (we use white corn syrup & a sugar-free maple)
Optional - Cinnamon, Raisins, Vanilla, Nutmeg, Brown sugar,
1. Slice the bread into pieces about 2x3 in size (see photos). Set aside.
2. Whip the eggs and milk together. Measure the pecans, if desired.
3. Spray slow cooker crock with cooking spray. Add layer of bread squares and sprinkle half of the pecans over this layer.
4. Pour half of the whipped egg-milk mixture over the layer of bread and pecans. Distribute as evenly as possible to cover the bread. With the back of a spoon, lightly press the bread to the bottom of the crock so it will soak up egg-milk mixture.
Add second and final layer of bread, pecans and egg-milk mix to the crock and, again, try to get all of the bread covered.
5. Cover crock and set on LOW for 4-5 hours. Remove the lid and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.
Serve with your favorite syrup and breakfast sides. Enjoy.
-inspired by The Naptime ChefOther Breakfast recipes you might like...
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: