|Vegetable Fried Rice with Homemade Eggs Rolls|
Vegetable Fried Rice
3 cups brown or white rice, cooked (leftover refrigerated rice works best)
1/4 c. to 1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. ginger
small onion, diced
2-3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pkg frozen peas & carrots, thawed
3-5 T. sesame or peanut oil
3-4 green onions, diced
Optional - crushed peanuts, matchstick carrots, diced ham, shrimp, shredded chicken or pork loin
1. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and set aside.
2. Heat sesame oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the frozen peas and carrots mix, garlic, ginger and onion. Stir-fry until onions are soft and peas and carrots are heated. Push vegetables to one side of wok/large skillet.
4. Add eggs and cook until just set, then stir into the vegetables.
5. Add cooked rice and stir-fry until everything is thoroughly heated.
6. Mix 1/4 c. soy sauce into fried rice until rice is well coated.
[Add additional soy sauce to taste, if desired]
Drizzle with sesame oil and top with chopped green onions and serve. Makes 4-6 servings
|Makes an excellent side dish to Homemade Pork Egg Rolls|
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: