|We love Pizza Night!|
pizza crust(s) (pre-made or crust mix, canned dough or homemade, we like all of these!)
pkg of pre-sliced pepperoni
pkg of crumbled turkey sausage
pizza sauce - homemade or jar
shredded mozzarella cheese or shredded Italian blend cheese
[Note - if you don't have pesto, brush a layer of olive oil over the surface of the crust before seasoning.]
Look for our homemade pizza sauce and dough recipes on future posts.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place pre-made pizza crust on pizza stone or pizza pans.
- Brush a thin layer of basil pesto over the entire crust...edge-to-edge.
- Sprinkle a light layer of Italian seasoning, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese over the crusts.
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce (We like very light sauce on our pizza. It's hard to get the pizza places to honor our request for light sauce for some reason!)
- Add pepperoni from edge-to-edge.
- Sprinkle a layer of the crumbled sausage.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Now add any of the veggie toppings you like. We always add onion and at other times we also add green peppers, banana peppers, olives, and mushrooms too.
- Bake between 8-15 minutes. It really depends on the style crust you are using. For example, if it's a thin crust it takes less time than a regular or dough crust.
|Pizzeria Style Pizza at Home...Save Your Money!|
**I was not compensated for any mention or for the pictures of the products in this post.**
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: