|Serving of Cheesy Vegetable Casserole with Chicken Sausage|
2 cups chicken sausage, cut into rounds
3/4 cup of butter, divided
1 lg onion, diced
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
3 bags of Mexican Blend Mixed Vegetables (broccoli, corn, cauliflower, red pepper) - thawed
2 bags of cut green beans - thawed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet. Add diced onion and cook until they begin to brown.
- Add Panko crumbs and chicken sausage to the skillet. Cook until the Panko crumbs are toasted. Set aside the contents of the skillet.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in the skillet, add the vegetables and cook/stir until thoroughly coated, and slightly cooked.
- Put a layer of vegetables in the casserole dish and top with 1/2 the onion-sausage mix.
- Add a layer of shredded cheddar.
- Add second layer of vegetables to the casserole dish and again top with the onion-sausage mix.
- Top casserole with the remaining shredded cheddar. Bake for 25 minutes.
|Cheesy Veggie Casserole with Chicken Sausage|
Other casserole dishes that you might like...
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: