|Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad|
1 lb. elbow macaroni
3/4 - 1c. mayonnaise
4 eggs, boiled
1/2 - 3/4c. sweet pickle relish
1/2 of a large white onion, diced
3-4 stalks of celery, chopped (omitted on occasion)
salt and pepper, as desired
NOTE - this list of ingredients in approximate, at best. We never measure...it is taste-tested as it's made to get the proper balance of onion, relish and mayonnaise. So the measurements I have given are my best estimate.
- Cook 1lb. box of macaroni according to directions on the box, drain.
- Add mayonnaise, pickle relish and celery to the macaroni.
- Peel and dice onion. Add onion to the macaroni salad.
- Boil, drain, peel and chop 4 eggs.
- Add eggs to the macaroni salad.
- Mix until it is all well blended. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
more old family recipes you might like...
I'm sharing at these great parties...join me! - Fluster Buster, Love In The Kitchen, The Country Cook, Miz Helen's Country Cottage,
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: