|Cut them into thirds and serve as an appetizer or snack!|
3 potatoes, rinsed and pierced
2 T. butter
3/4c. -1c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 T. chives, fresh or dried (green onions can be substituted)
bacon crumbled - 4-5 strips of bacon
salt & pepper
Note - measurements are approximate. Basically you just want to add lots of flavor according to your preferences.
- Rinse, pierce, and foil-wrap each potato. Place in slow cooker and cook on High for 3-4 hours. Remove from crock and unwrap them.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to hollow out the potatoes. Keep the potato you remove in a separate bowl.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the hollow skins on a cookie sheet and set aside.
|In the process of Loading the Potato Boats|
- Take the bowl of potato that you scraped out and add sour cream, butter and 1 cup of cheese. Using a potato masher or mixer incorporate the ingredients. Now refill the potato boats and sprinkle rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chives and crumbled bacon.
Loaded Potato Boat with a Philly Burger...YUM-O!
I'm sharing my recipe at these great party sites!...Sew Crafty Angel, Lou Lou Girls, Make Ahead Meals, Kathe with an E, Pint Sized Baker, Love In the Kitchen, New Mrs. Adventures, Lady Behind the Curtain,
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: