|It took less than 30 minutes to prepare this Easy Homemade Lasagna for baking!|
1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 lb. cooked sausage, crumbled (Italian or turkey sausage with Italian seasoning)
1 small container Ricotta cheese
1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can spaghetti sauce
1 T. basil pesto, optional
1 T. minced garlic, optional
(Note - We added a few slices of fresh mozzarella over the top of the lasagna since we had it on hand.)
1. Brown ground beef and cook sausage until done and crumbly. Add 1 T. basil pesto and 1 T. minced garlic to the meat. Mix.
2. Mix the can of diced tomatoes and the spaghetti sauce, set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9x13 casserole dish, add 1 cup of sauce to the bottom of the dish. Layer lasagna across sauce, slightly overlapping the noodle edges.
4. Spread 1/2 of the container of ricotta over the lasagna, then add half of the beef-sausage mixture, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Next, add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella and another cup of sauce.
5. Add another layer of lasagna over the sauce, and repeat Step 4.
6. Add final layer of lasagna and top with remaining sauce, and mozzarella and another sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes.*
Note - For some it may be necessary to cover with foil so the top doesn't get too brown, be sure to remove foil for final 5 minutes to allow the cheese to brown.
*I also place my casserole dish on a cookie sheet.
other pasta recipes you might like...
I shared this recipe at these great parties - Miz Helen's Country Cottage,
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: