1 pkg smoked sausage, sliced into coins
1-2 bags cheese tortellini
1 -14oz can diced tomatoes
1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 small onion, diced
1 cup chicken broth or water
1 bar cream cheese, softened and cubed
1 bag frozen peas
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. basil
1 T. oregano
1 T. chives, if using dried or 1/4 fresh chopped
1. Cook smoked sausage coins and diced onion in skillet until sausage is brown and onions are translucent.
2. Stir in the minced garlic and spices - basil, oregano, and chives, if using dried chives.
4. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and broth to skillet; bring the combination to a boil.
5. Add tortellini and cook for approximately 6 mins. or per package directions.
6. Gently stir in cream cheese and peas. Simmer until cream cheese has melted. If using fresh chives, stir them in now as well.
|Cook the onions and sausage coins in a little olive oil|
|I diced fresh tomatoes (you can also use canned) with canned tomato sauce.|
|Boil the tortellini in the sauce rather than in separate pot of water.|
|Cube the cream cheese so it will melt faster.|
|Add the cream cheese and peas to the pasta and allow the cream cheese to melt.|
|a serving of Creamy Smoked Sausage Tortellini|
-adapted from Hunts.com
other pasta recipes you might enjoy...
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: