This Chicken Soft Taco Casserole uses flour tortillas with a chicken-vegetable filling with Mexican flavor topped with layers of cheese. This casserole pairs well with flavored rice, a garden salad, or chips and cheese. It is budget- and time-friendly, as well as hearty and delicious.
|Chicken Soft Taco Casserole...easy, hearty, and delicious|
3 chicken breasts, shredded
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup diced onions
1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes & green chiles (I drained these since we accidentally bought Hot instead of Mild)
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 pkg of fajita-sized flour tortillas
1 pkg of shredded Mexican cheese blend
salt and pepper, to taste
sour cream and salsa are optional (for garnish)
1. Cook chicken breasts until done. I cooked mine in the slow cooker. Shred chicken. I did not drain the chicken broth that developed while cooking, but used it to add flavor to the casserole.
2. Add drained beans, corn, and diced tomatoes with chilies.
3. Add 1 pkg of taco seasoning mix and diced onions. Stir together until well blended.
4. Preheat oven to 350° and spray round ovenproof pan (I used a spring form pan which matched the diameter of the tortillas. It provided the structure and added depth.)
5. Layer a flour tortilla into the bottom of the pan, then add a layer of the chicken-vegetable mix and then a layer of cheese.
6. Repeat layering of tortillas, chicken mix, and cheese until you've used all of the chicken-vegetable mix, top it off with cheese.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Cover with foil if the cheese starts to get too brown.
|Delicious Chicken Soft Taco Casserole|
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: