|Creamy Garlic Sauce - Smoked Sausage Rotini|
1/2 cup butter
1 T olive oil (any cooking oil will do)
1 T. minced garlic
1 cup diced onions, optional
2 T. flour
2 cups milk
1 T. Italian seasoning
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1lb box Rotini
1 pkg smoked sausage
|Pasta, Sauce and sausage|
1. Cut the smoked sausage into 4 pieces length-wise and then dice it into smaller bites. Coins work as well, I just wanted smaller pieces for this recipe.
2. Saute the onions and sausage in 1 T. olive oil until sausage begins to brown.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add butter, garlic and spices. Once the butter has melted, add flour. Slowly incorporate the milk - stirring constantly - until well-blended. Add Parmesan cheese and cook sauce until it thickens.
4. Cook pasta as directed. Drain pasta and add onion and sausage.
5. Pour sauce over pasta and stir. Serve immediately.
other recipes you might like....
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: