|Copycat adaptation of Chi Chi's Fried Ice Cream|
3 cups corn flake cereal, crushed
1 stick butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 gallon Vanilla ice cream, slightly thawed
1- 8 oz. Cool whip, thawed
Honey for drizzling
1. Melt stick of butter in skillet. Add brown sugar and regular sugar. Heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Add crushed corn flakes to the butter mixture, stir to coat. Heat until the corn flakes are toasted. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the cinnamon, ice cream and Cool Whip with a mixer until well blended.
4. Press the 3/4 of the toasted flakes into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Pour ice cream blend over the corn flake layer and spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle the remaining toasted flakes over the top of the dessert. Cover with foil or wrap and freeze for about 3 hours or overnight.
6. To serve, allow dessert to sit a bit if frozen hard and then slice and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
-slightly adapted from The imPerfect Housewife
I shared at these great parties...The Country Cook,
Follow The Shady Porch
If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email: